Learn about mindfulness as a tool to increase well-being and manage uncomfortable sensation, emotions, and situations.
Please enjoy this conversation with Dawn Dickerson on the power of mindfulness in dealing with chronic pain and illness, or simply to help us live healthier lives. In this discussion we cover:
- The definition of mindfulness
- The difference between focused attention and open awareness
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation
- The role of self-compassion in mindfulness
- How meditation can help us change our relationship to our thoughts
- Common barriers to being mindful
- A simple guided practice
- The key to building a successful practice
Please check out “Meditate with Dawn” to follow Dawn’s work.
Please join me for my next Empowered Relief workshop on Saturday, June 19th from 1-3pm PST on zoom. Empowered Relief is a single-session pain class that rapidly equips patients with pain management skills. Developed at Stanford University, it delivers the most up to date evidence regarding persistent pain: https://ptmindfully.com/product/empowered-relief-march-2021/
If you are interested in joining the Health Empowerment Book Club, please sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOoLOg9gHPuCVtnC9_pn7zd4TD4mgJRKnMSJ5MGuNl6EC-cA/viewform?usp=sf_link